Eyelid aesthetics is one of the most performed aesthetic interventions today. Eyelid aesthetics, also known as blepharoplasty, is applied to eliminate the sagging of the lower and upper eyelids as age progresses. The applications are determined by the surgeons completely depending on the patient's condition. Eyelid aesthetics can be performed both for aesthetic beauty and for health reasons such as infection.
People who want or will have eyelid aesthetics want to get information about the situations in which this surgery is performed, the methods applied in the surgery, what needs to be done before or after the surgery, and many other issues. All the details you need to know about blepharoplasty surgery are explained in the following headings.
What is Eyelid Sagging ?
Eyelid drooping is one of the most common problems especially in older ages. Eyelid drooping, which occurs due to aging, but can sometimes be seen in adults due to different reasons, makes people look quite old and exhausted. For this reason, almost all of the people who have this problem today consider having eyelid drooping surgery. At this point, one of the issues that are wondered is the causes of sagging of the eyelid. The factors that cause drooping of the lower and upper eyelids are listed in the list below.
- Eyelids can droop down with the effect of aging and gravity.
- Because the eyelids are the thinnest in the human body, they can sag very quickly.
- With the increase of age, the forehead skin begins to fall lower and accordingly the upper eyelids go lower.
- As the cheek skin droops, the lower eyelids may begin to appear drooping down along with the cheeks.
- The loosening of the membrane that separates the part around the eye and separates it from the eyelids and begins to fail to fulfill its function can also cause sagging of the detention course. This problem is also known as the detention bag among the people.
As can be seen from the list above, there are many factors that trigger the occurrence of the eyelid drooping problem. In addition to all these aging-related factors, eye infections can also cause drooping and misshapen eyelids.
What is Eyelid Aesthetics?
People who complain about sagging in the upper or lower parts of their eyes seek an answer to the question of what is eyelid aesthetics and want to learn how to solve this problem. At this point, people with sagging eyelids should know that these problems can be eliminated with aesthetic operations.
The main purpose of eyelid aesthetics is to bring the eyelids back to normal and to remove the skin, fat and muscle tissues that cause sagging. Removing the layers that cause sagging in the eyes also eliminates most of the aging symptoms of the patients. However, it should be known that as the body continues to age, sagging may occur in other parts of the face, and accordingly, sagging may occur above or below the eyes.
How is Eyelid Aesthetics Performed?
Eyelid aesthetics provides removal of excess skin from the eyelids, which affects the quality of life of people or causes them to look old. The method generally followed in eyelid aesthetics is always the same. These layers are removed by considering the patient's face shape and factors such as excess skin. In this context, not only the upper eyelid, but also the lower eyelid can be treated. The procedure to be performed is determined by the surgeons depending on the patient's condition.
Individuals who are curious about how eyelid aesthetics are performed should be examined by doctors who are experts in the field of aesthetics in order to get more detailed information about the surgery at this point. The procedure to be performed after the examination will be explained by the specialist doctor and the things to be considered will be specified.
It is also very important to know that there are some details that should be known about eyelid aesthetics. Because people who have eyelid aesthetics in our country think that their eye sagging will completely disappear. As a matter of fact, this surgery continues to be effective for 8 to 10 years. However, sagging may occur as long as aging continues.
Eyelid Surgery with Aesthetic Surgery
Eyelid surgery with aesthetic surgery is a procedure that is mostly in demand by people over the age of 35. Because there are too many muscles around the eyes and the eyelid skin is very thin, sagging may occur around the eyes at an early age. In adults over the age of 35, these sagging begin to be obvious. Today, however, doctors generally recommend eyelid surgery to people between the ages of 45 and 55. Whether the operation will be performed or not is determined after the doctor's examination.
What are the Advantages of Eyelid Aesthetics?
There are many advantages of having eyelid aesthetics. Some of the advantages of blepharoplasty application are as follows:
- Sagging of the eyelids is eliminated.
- It is supported to make the face look much younger.
- Not only the upper eyelids, but also the sagging of the lower eyelids of the eyes can be removed.
- The aging of the eyes is delayed.
As can be understood from the above, this aesthetic operation, which is ideal for eliminating the unwanted appearance of the eyelids, helps people to have tighter eyelids as they wish. In addition, as we mentioned before, the effect of this operation, which lasts for a very short time, continues for 8 to 10 years. In addition to the advantages mentioned in the list, eyelid sagging caused by infections and trauma can also be eliminated by eyelid aesthetics.
Process After Eyelid Aesthetics
People who have eyelid surgery should pay attention to some issues in order to return to their normal routine in a short time. Things to know about the process to be experienced after the surgery are as follows.
- After the surgery, the eyes are not closed, only thin bands are placed in the application area.
- There is no need to stay in the hospital after the operation.
- You may experience tingling for a few days after the surgery. This problem can be eliminated with painkillers.
- The sutures of the patients who underwent surgery are removed after the 5th day. It is recommended that patients isolate themselves at home until the stitches are removed.
- It is possible to return to work life 7 days after the operation.
- After 1 month, it is possible to start heavy sports.
- Edema and bruising may occur in the first month after surgery. This depends on the patient's body.
- After 3 months from eyelid surgery, the eyes will take their final shape.
People who pay attention to these issues can recover in a much shorter time. It is recommended that people who experience any complications during the recovery period see their doctor.